THE EVOLUTION OF GENES IN BRANCHED METABOLIC PATHWAYS
Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Author. Evolution© 2012 The Society for the Study of Evolution.
Volume 67, Issue 1, pages 34–48, January 2013
How to Cite
Rausher, M. D. (2013), THE EVOLUTION OF GENES IN BRANCHED METABOLIC PATHWAYS. Evolution, 67: 34–48. doi: 10.1111/j.1558-5646.2012.01771.x
- Issue online: 4 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 AUG 2012 12:35PM EST
- Received May 8, 2012, Accepted July 10, 2012
- 1991. Mutation-selection balance and metabolic control theory. Genetics 129: 909–923.
- 1999. Analysis of selection on enzyme polymorphisms. Annu. Rev. Ecol. Syst. 30: 301–326.
- 1930. The genetical theory of natural selection. Oxford Univ. Press, Oxford , UK .
- 2007. Adaptive evolution of metabolic pathways in Drosophila. Mol. Biol. Evol. 24: 1347–1354. , , , , , , and .
- 2002. Evolutionary rate in the protein interaction network. Science 296:750–752. , , , , and .
- 2005. Comparative genomics of centrality and essentiality in three eukaryotic protein-interaction networks. Mol. Biol. Evol. 22: 803–806. , and .
- 2004. Molecular evolution in large genetic networks: does connectivity equal constraint? J. Mol. Evol. 58: 203–211. , , and .
- 1985. Limits of adaptation: the evolution of selective neutrality. Genetics 111: 655–674. , , and .
- 2000. Genetics of populations. Jones & Bartlett, Boston , MA .
- 2004. Metabolic flux control analysis of branch points: an improved approach to obtain flux control coefficients from large perturbation data. Metab. Eng. 6:391–400. , , , and .
- 1974. A linear steady-state treatment of enzymatic chains. General properties, control, effector strength. Eur. J. Biochem. 42: 89–95. , and .
- 2009. Evolutionary rates and centrality in the yeast gene regulatory network. Genome Biol. 2009, 10:R35.1–R35.10. , and .
- 1973. The control of flux. Symp. Soc. Exp. Biol. 27: 65–104. , and .
- 1996. A metabolic basis for dominance and recessivity. Genetics 143: 621–625.
- 1984. The branch point effect: ultrasensitivity and subsensitivity to metabolic control. J. Biol. Chem. 259: 14068–14075. , , and .
- 2005. The genetic theory of adaptation: a brief history. Nat. Rev. Genet. 6: 119–127.
- 2009. The correlation of evolutionary rate with pathway position in plant terpenoid biosynthesis. Mol. Biol. Evol. 26: 1045–1053. , , and .
- 1991. Network rigidity and metabolic engineering in metabolite overproduction. Science 252: 1675–1681. , and .
- 2008. The loci of evolution: how predictable is genetic evolution? Evolution 62:2155–2177. , and .
- 2009. Is genetic evolution predictable? Science 323:746–751. , and .
- 2009. Genetic changes contributing to the parallel evolution of red floral pigmentation among Ipomoea species. New Phytol. 183: 751–763. , and .
- 2011. Population genetics, pleiotropy, and the preferential fixation of mutations during adaptive evolution. Evolution, 65:629–642. , and .
- 1994. Carbon flux distributions at the pyruvate branch point in Corynebacterium glutamicum during lysine overproduction. Biotechnol. Prog. 10: 320–326. , and .
- 2000. Molecular-functional studies of adaptive genetic variation in prokaryotes and eukaryotes. Annu. Rev. Genet. 34: 593–622. , and .
- 2010. The evolution of control and distribution of adaptive mutations in a metabolic pathway. Genetics 184: 483–502. , and .
- 2009. Evolutionary rate patterns of the gibberellin pathway genes. BMC Evol. Biol. 9:206. , , and .