Richard E. Walton served as a consultant in the preliminary stages. The authors gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of Sigmund Arywitz, Calif. State Labor Commissioner, Asst. Commissioner Daniel N. Longaker, Division of Labor Law Enforcement Area Supervisors James J. Callahan and Joseph J. Blake, and also the assistance of Christy Globig and Jane Herman as coders. Donald Houston is especially thanked for his interest and counsel. Research would not have been possible without the understanding and cooperation of the 11 Deputy Commissioners whose hearings were observed.
Decisionmaking by Third Parties in Settling Disputes1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 3, Issue 3, pages 197–218, September 1973
How to Cite
Shaw, J. I., Fischer, C. S. and Kelley, H. H. (1973), Decisionmaking by Third Parties in Settling Disputes. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 3: 197–218. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1973.tb02797.x
This research was conducted under National Science Foundation Grant GS-1121X. Shaw's participation was partially by a predoctoral fellowship from U.S. Public Health Service. Computing assistance was obtained from the Health Sciences Computing Facility, UCLA, sponsored by NIMH Special Research Resources Grant FR-3.
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!