The authors wish to thank Carol T. Mowbray and Lora-Jean Collett for their assistance in conducting the experiment and Gerrit Wolf for his advice about the Markovian analysis of the data. Appreciation is also extended to Carol Milligan and J. Richard Hackman, as well as the students and faculty of the NIMH Graduate Training Program in Social and Developmental Psychology, Tufts University (BE6Zll), for their helpful comments on an earlier draft of the manuscript.
A Three-Factor Experimental Analysis of Promises and Threats
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 3, Issue 3, pages 240–257, September 1973
How to Cite
Rubin, J. Z. and Lewicki, R. J. (1973), A Three-Factor Experimental Analysis of Promises and Threats. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 3: 240–257. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1973.tb02800.x
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!