Requests for reprints should be sent to Dr. Richard I. Evans, Department of Psychology, University of Houston, Cullen Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77004.
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 5, Issue 2, pages 150–156, June 1975
How to Cite
Evans, R. I., Rozelle, R. M., Noblitt, R. and Williams, D. L. (1975), Explicit and Implicit Persuasive Communications over Time To Initiate and Maintain Behavior Change: New Perspective Utilizing a Real-life Dental Hygiene Situation. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 5: 150–156. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1975.tb01304.x
An extended version of this study was the recipient of the American Psychological Association, Division 13, Research Excellence Award and was presented at a special program at the 1973 American Psychological Association meeting in Montreal, Canada.
This research was supported in the context of Psychology Research Training Grant 5 TI DE 138 from the National Institute of Dental Research under the direction of Richard Evans. Thanks are expressed for the fine cooperation of the Aldine Independent School District, Houston, Texas, and for the supply of dental kits used in the study, which were contributed by the Proctor and Gamble Company. Thanks are expressed to Robert Paver for his able assistance in statistical calculation, and to Rhonda Raymond for training the experimental assistants who performed the Greene-Vermillion Index measures.
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!