Reprint requests should be sent to Eugene Borgida, Laboratory for Research in Social Relations, Department of Psychology, Elliott Hall, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
The Differential Impact of Abstract vs. Concrete Information on Decisions1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 7, Issue 3, pages 258–271, September 1977
How to Cite
Borgida, E. and Nisbett, R. E. (1977), The Differential Impact of Abstract vs. Concrete Information on Decisions. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 7: 258–271. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1977.tb00750.x
This research was supported by NIMH Social Psychology Traineeship No. 2-TO1-MH 11470–46 to the first author and by National Science Foundation Grant GS 40085 to the second author. The authors acknowledge the helpful comments of Hazel Markus, Harvey Reed, Lee Ross, and Amos Tversky.
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!