This paper is the result of two doctoral dissertations (Koenigs, Note 1; Spring, Note 2) that were conducted as part of a larger research project sponsored by NIMH (MH 22 127–01) on which the last author is principal investigator. (Subsequent to the dissertation, Martha Spring resumed using her maiden name for professional purposes only). Each dissertation is a major effort in its own right, deserving of a separate publication, in our view. Since, however, the two dissertations plus other evidence from the project represent a conceptual package, and in view of the publication explosion, it was felt that it should appear in one place. Koenigs and Fiedler should, as a result, both be considered senior authors; deCharms merely served to bring it together.
Teacher Beliefs, Classroom Interaction and Personal Causation1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 95–114, June 1977
How to Cite
Koenigs, S. S., Fiedler, M. L. and Decharms, R. (1977), Teacher Beliefs, Classroom Interaction and Personal Causation. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 7: 95–114. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1977.tb01332.x
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!