Requests for reprints should be sent to Edward J. Lawler, Department of sociology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242.
Cooptation and Coalition Mobilization1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 199–214, September 1978
How to Cite
Lawler, E. J., Youngs, G. A. and Lesh, M. D. (1978), Cooptation and Coalition Mobilization. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 8: 199–214. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1978.tb00777.x
This research was supported by funds from both the Center for Research on Interpersonal Behavior (Department of Sociology) and from NIMH #25143–01. The first experiment is based on George A. Youngs' M.A. thesis conducted under the supervision of Edward J. Lawler. The authors wish to thank Thomas E. Carter, Stuart Stover, and Martha E. Thompson for assistance in the data collection and analysis. Martha E. Thompson and Samuel B. Bacharach provided helpful comments on an earlier draft.
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!