Requests for reprints should be sent to Dr. Theodore M. Dembroski, Department of Psychology, Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, Florida 33733.
Communicator Similarity, Fear Arousing Communications, and Compliance with Health Care Recommendations1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 254–269, September 1978
How to Cite
Dembroski, T. M., Lasater, T. M. and Ramirez, A. (1978), Communicator Similarity, Fear Arousing Communications, and Compliance with Health Care Recommendations. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 8: 254–269. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1978.tb00781.x
This research was supported in part by Public Health Service Grant (ROIDH 00153), the National Heart and Lung Institute, and Eckerd College.
Sincere thanks are extended to Arthur Farkas, Tex Curtis, Faye Dowdell, Jimmy Lee Randolph, and Nancy Moore for their kind and conscientious assistance in serving as members of the experimental team. Public health dentist, Dr. Donald R. McNeal, deserves special thanks and credit for contributing his considerable professional skills. The authors are also grateful to the Board of Public Education of Pinellas County, 16th Street Junior High School, Principal John Hopkins, Alvie Benton, and to the Catholic Diocese of Birmingham, Alabama for their fine cooperation.
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!