Requests for reprints should be sent to Richard A. Kulka, Institute for Social Research, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106.
Is Justice Really Blind?–The Influence of Litigant Physical Attractiveness on Juridical Judgment1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 8, Issue 4, pages 366–381, December 1978
How to Cite
Kulka, R. A. and Kessler, J. B. (1978), Is Justice Really Blind?–The Influence of Litigant Physical Attractiveness on Juridical Judgment. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 8: 366–381. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1978.tb00790.x
This article is a substantially revised version of a paper presented at the convention of the Speech Communication Association, New York, November 1973. As noted in a recent paper by Foss (1976), the juridical decision process involves (a) an individual judgment process and (b) a group discussion or decision-making process. In common with most recent research on judicial decision-making process, the study reported here focuses only on the former component.
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!