The authors want to thank a large number of people who have been and continue to be supportive of this research. They include Gary Becker, M.D., Director of the Badger Blood Region; Brian Koski, Director of Donor Recruitment; and Mac Walker, R.N., Director of Youngblood. Thanks go also to Rob Mare for his help in applying the technique he developed to our data set, and to Judith A. Howard and Shalom Schwartz for their critical comments on an earlier draft. In addition, the manuscript was immeasurably improved in response to the extremely careful comments of two anonymous reviewers. Funds have been received from the following sources: A National Institute of Health Biomedical Sciences Support Grant to the University of Wisconsin Graduate School, support from the American National Red Cross and the Badger Blood Region through the Red Cross matching grants program, and support from the Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the NIH, Grant #HL 24425.
Developing a Commitment to Blood Donation: The Impact of One's First Experience1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 1–16, February 1983
How to Cite
Callero, P. L. and Piliavin, J. A. (1983), Developing a Commitment to Blood Donation: The Impact of One's First Experience. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 13: 1–16. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1983.tb00883.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!