The data utilized in this study were made available by the ISR Social Science Archive. The data for the Quality of American Life Survey were origi nally collected by Angus Campbell, Philip E. Converse, and Willard L. Rodgers; the data for Social Indicators of Well-Being in America were collected by Frank M. Andrews and Stephen B. Withey and certain of their colleagues at the Survey Research Center, Institute of Social Research, The University of Michigan. Neither the original collectors of the data nor the Archive bears any responsibility for the analyses or interpretations presented here. This research was supported by Indiana University School of Business Grants to Janet P. Near and C. Ann Smith. We wish to thank Jean Hamakawa, Andrea Siegel, and Brandon Taylor for their help with statistical analyses presented in this paper.
Job Satisfaction and Nonwork Satisfaction as Components of Life Satisfaction1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 13, Issue 2, pages 126–144, April 1983
How to Cite
Near, J. P., Smith, C. A., Rice, R. W. and Hunt, R. G. (1983), Job Satisfaction and Nonwork Satisfaction as Components of Life Satisfaction. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 13: 126–144. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1983.tb02326.x
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!