These studies were conducted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the advanced degree awarded to the first author. The studies were supported by a National Science Foundation grant BNS76–19629 to Bibb Latané. Earlier versions of this paper were presented at the April 1982 meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association in Baltimore, Maryland and at the May 1982 International Conference on Prosocial Behavior in Nags Head, North Carolina. Request reprints from Michael Lynn, Department of Psychology, The Ohio State University, 404-C, W. 17th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210.
The Psychology of Restaurant Tipping1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 14, Issue 6, pages 549–561, December 1984
How to Cite
Lynn, M. and Latané, B. (1984), The Psychology of Restaurant Tipping. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 14: 549–561. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1984.tb02259.x
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!