A preliminary version of this experiment was reported at the meeting of the Academy of Management, Dallas, August 1983. The author acknowledges the helpful comments of Robert Arkin, Edward E. Jones, and Edwin Locke on an earlier version of this manuscript.
Unattainable Goal Choice as a Self-Handicapping Strategy1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 15, Issue 2, pages 140–152, March 1985
How to Cite
Greenberg, J. (1985), Unattainable Goal Choice as a Self-Handicapping Strategy. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 15: 140–152. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1985.tb02340.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!