Requests for reprints should be sent to John L. Cotton, Department of Organizational Behavior, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907.
Ambient Temperature and Violent Crime1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 16, Issue 9, pages 786–801, December 1986
How to Cite
Cotton, J. L. (1986), Ambient Temperature and Violent Crime. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 16: 786–801. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1986.tb01168.x
The author would like to thank Teresa Johnson for her help in collecting data for Study 1 and Laura Cotton and the Indianapolis Police Department for their assistance in collecting the data for Study 2. I would also like to thank Robert A. Baron, Laura Cotton, and an anonymous reviewer for their helpful comments on earlier versions of this manuscript.
Portions of this research were presented at the annual meeting of the Midwestern Psychological Association, 1981, and the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, 1982.
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!