Requests for reprints should be sent to Peter Glick, Psychology Department, Lawrence University, Box 599, Appleton, WI54912.
Keeping Your Distance: Group Membership, Personal Space, and Requests for Small Favors1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 18, Issue 4, pages 315–330, March 1988
How to Cite
Glick, P., Demorest, J. A. and Hotze, C. A. (1988), Keeping Your Distance: Group Membership, Personal Space, and Requests for Small Favors. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 18: 315–330. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1988.tb00019.x
This research was supported by a grant from Lawrence University. We gratefully acknowledge Alana Matwychuk, Nancy Welch, Allan Bateson, Walter Stephan and two anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments on earlier versions of this manuscript.
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!