Requests for reprints should be sent to Ronald E. Riggio. Department of Psychology, California State University, Fullerton, CA 92634.
The Relative Effects of Verbal and Nonverbal Behavior, Appearance, and Social Skills on Evaluations Made in Hiring Interviews1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 18, Issue 4, pages 331–348, March 1988
How to Cite
Riggio, R. E. and Throckmorton, B. (1988), The Relative Effects of Verbal and Nonverbal Behavior, Appearance, and Social Skills on Evaluations Made in Hiring Interviews. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 18: 331–348. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1988.tb00020.x
This research was supported by a Partners in Excellence Faculty Research Grant and an Instructionally Related Research Grant from the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, California State University, Fullerton. We would like to thank Steve dark, Jan Hanna, Dale Hoy, Laura Hundley, Kathy Lang, Laura Lindner, Wendy Parslow, Marcy Pohl, Lynda Ritter, and Dr. John Gillis and the CSUF Career Development Center for their assistance.
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!