Requests for reprints should be sent to Victoria Esses at the Department of Psychology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A1.
Physical Attractiveness, Dangerousness, and the Canadian Criminal Code1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 18, Issue 12, pages 1017–1031, September 1988
How to Cite
Esses, V. M. and Webster, C. D. (1988), Physical Attractiveness, Dangerousness, and the Canadian Criminal Code. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 18: 1017–1031. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1988.tb01190.x
This research was funded by the Centre of Criminology, University of Toronto, through the Contributions Program of the Solicitor General, Canada. The first author was supported by a doctoral fellowship from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. We would like to thank David Town for his assistance in conducting this study and Nancy DeCourville, Anthony Doob, Richard Rogers, Michael Ross, David Sherry, and Mark Zanna for their helpful comments on earlier drafts of this manuscript.
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!