Marti Hope Gonzales is now at the University of Minnesota. Requests for reprints should be sent to here at the Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota, Elliott Hall, 75 East River Road, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
Using Social Cognition and Persuasion to Promote Energy Conservation: A Quasi-Experiment1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 18, Issue 12, pages 1049–1066, September 1988
How to Cite
Gonzales, M. H., Aronson, E. and Costanzo, M. A. (1988), Using Social Cognition and Persuasion to Promote Energy Conservation: A Quasi-Experiment. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 18: 1049–1066. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1988.tb01192.x
This study was made possible in part through the cooperation and financial support of Pacific Gas and Electric Company, and the continued general support of the University of California's University wide Energy Research Group.
In addition, we would like to acknowledge the valuable contributions of Tina Biegel, Mary Mahood, and Kimberly Russell, who served as telephone interviewers and assisted in the coding of data. We are also grateful to Jacque Bonesio and Robert Gallo who assisted in the coding and entry of data.
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!