Requests for reprints should be sent to John B. Pryor, Department of Psychology, Illinois State University, Normal, IL 61761.
The Instrumental and Symbolic Functions of Attitudes toward Persons with AIDS1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 19, Issue 5, pages 377–404, April 1989
How to Cite
Pryor, J. B., Reeder, G. D., Vinacco, R. and Kott, T. L. (1989), The Instrumental and Symbolic Functions of Attitudes toward Persons with AIDS. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 19: 377–404. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1989.tb00062.x
The research reported in this article was supported by a grant from the Office of Research, Services and Grants, Illinois State University. Gratitude is expressed to the following people who contributed to this research program: Dennis Kelly, Kathyrn Anderson, John Dale, Jennifer Farm, Michelle Foucre, Rebecca House, William Kaminski, Julie Loveless, Cynthia Meisinger, Joanne Panariello, Rhonda Podbielski, Mark Rossmiller and Jennifer Smith. We also thank Larry Alferink, Sam Hutter, Steve Landau, Nan Pressor and Walter Vernon who commented on an earlier draft of this article. Study 3 is based on a Masters Thesis submitted by Richard Vinacco for a Masters degree in Psychology at Illinois State University.
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!