The research reported in this article was supported by a National Science Foundation Grant (BSN8417519) to Jennifer Crocker. The authors are grateful to Kathleen McGraw for her comments on an earlier draft of this manuscript and to Cindy Ingerman for her assistance in data collection.
Downward Social Comparison in the Minimal Intergroup Situation: A Test of a Self-Enhancement Interpretation1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 20, Issue 14, pages 1166–1184, August 1990
How to Cite
Thompson, L. L. and Crocker, J. (1990), Downward Social Comparison in the Minimal Intergroup Situation: A Test of a Self-Enhancement Interpretation. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 20: 1166–1184. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1990.tb00398.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!