Diane Sholomskas is currently affiliated with Yale University, School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry. Comments regarding this article should be sent to Diane Sholomskas at 82 Russett Drive, Guilford, CT 06437.
The Spinal Cord Injured Revisited: The Relationship Between Self-Blame, Other-Blame and Coping
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 20, Issue 7, pages 548–574, April 1990
How to Cite
Sholomskas, D. E., Steil, J. M. and Plummer, J. K. (1990), The Spinal Cord Injured Revisited: The Relationship Between Self-Blame, Other-Blame and Coping. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 20: 548–574. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1990.tb00427.x
1This article is based on the first author's doctoral dissertation research completed at the Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies, Adelphi University, Garden City, New York. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 58th annual meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association, Arlington, Virginia, April 9, 1987. Special thanks to the patients of Lyman II and the staff of the departments of Nursing, Occupational and Physical Therapy of Gaylord Hospital, Wallingford, CT for making this research possible. The authors gratefully acknowledge the support of Cheryl McCarthy and Curtland C. Brown. They thank Priya Wickamaratne, Patrick Ross, and Deborah Browning for their help and Charles M. Judd for his comments on a draft of this article.
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!