This manuscript is based on a Master's Thesis submitted to Syracuse University by the first author. We would like to thank Eric M. Alderman for providing the transcripts used in this study. We would also like to thank two anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments on an earlier version of the manuscript. Some of this research was presented at the 98th annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, August 1990, Boston, MA.
Source Credibility and the Language of Expert Testimony1
Article first published online: 15 AUG 2006
1992 V. H. Winston & Sons, Inc.
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 22, Issue 24, pages 1909–1939, December 1992
How to Cite
Hurwitz, S. D., Miron, M. S. and Johnson, B. T. (1992), Source Credibility and the Language of Expert Testimony. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 22: 1909–1939. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1992.tb01530.x
- Issue published online: 15 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 15 AUG 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!