This article is based in part on a thesis conducted by the first author in partial fulfillment of the requirements of the Master of Arts at the University of Texas at El Paso. The authors would like to thank Judge William Moody, attorneys Michael Gibson and Gary Weiser, Officer Luis Cortinas of the El Paso Police Department, as well as Pam Patterson, Troy Beecroft, Michael Gonzalez, Dan Miller, and Harry Mallo who helped produce the trial. In addition, we thank Cheryl Dodson, Anne Marie Enriquez, and Karen Hamlin who assisted in collecting data from juries. Finally, we thank Michael A. Zarate for his helpful comments on an earlier version of the manuscript.
Ethnicity of Defendants and Jurors as Influences on Jury Decisions1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 23, Issue 15, pages 1249–1262, August 1993
How to Cite
Perez, D. A., Hosch, H. M., Ponder, B. and Trejo, G. C. (1993), Ethnicity of Defendants and Jurors as Influences on Jury Decisions. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 23: 1249–1262. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1993.tb01031.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!