The authors gratefully acknowledge participants in Hardi's spring 1990 seminar on Group Dynamics in Organizational Settings who assisted in data collection, and the invaluable help of the employees and management in the upstate New York shoe factory where the data were gathered. The authors also wish to acknowledge Ed Deci, Elizabeth Whitehead, and other members of the Motivation Research Group at Rochester who made contributions. Funding was provided by a faculty research grant from the University of Rochester and by grants from NICHD (HD19914) and NIMH (MH18922) to the Motivation Research Group.
Employee and Supervisor Ratings of Motivation: Main Effects and Discrepancies Associated with Job Satisfaction and Adjustment in a Factory Setting1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 23, Issue 21, pages 1789–1805, November 1993
How to Cite
Ilardi, B. C., Leone, D., Kasser, T. and Ryan, R. M. (1993), Employee and Supervisor Ratings of Motivation: Main Effects and Discrepancies Associated with Job Satisfaction and Adjustment in a Factory Setting. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 23: 1789–1805. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1993.tb01066.x
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!