The authors wish to express their appreciation to Kathleen Sheridan for her helpful comments on earlier drafts of this manuscript. The authors also wish to express their gratitude to the Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund for their funding of the community attitude survey described in Study 1. The authors also wish to express their appreciation to attorneys Sandra Lowe and Evan Wolfson of Lambda and William J. Sheaffer for insightful contributions to the design of the survey. Finally the authors express their gratitude to and admiration for Deputy Tom Woodard, Orange County Sheriffs Office, without whose courage none of this would have occurred.
Religiousness, Religious Orientation, and Attitudes Towards Gays and Lesbians1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 24, Issue 7, pages 614–630, April 1994
How to Cite
Fisher, R. D., Derison, D., Polley, C. F., Cadman, J. and Johnston, D. (1994), Religiousness, Religious Orientation, and Attitudes Towards Gays and Lesbians. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 24: 614–630. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1994.tb00603.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!