This research was supported, in part, by a grant to Mark Van Vugt and Ree Meertens from the Netherlands Ministry of Transport, Public Works and Water Management, and by a grant to Paul Van Lange from the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO; Grant No. R-57–178). Part of this research was presented at the Nags Head conference on social value orientations, Highland Beach, Florida, July 1993. The authors thank Jeff Joireman, Gerjo Kok, and Wim Liebrand for their helpful comments on an earlier draft of the paper.
Car Versus Public Transportation? The Role of Social Value Orientations in a Real-Life Social Dilemma1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 258–278, February 1995
How to Cite
Van Vugt, M., Meertens, R. M. and Van Lange, P. A. M. (1995), Car Versus Public Transportation? The Role of Social Value Orientations in a Real-Life Social Dilemma. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 25: 258–278. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1995.tb01594.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!