This research was supported by funds from the Western Consortium for Public Health. The author gratefully acknowledges the contribution of Vicki Ebin, MSPH, who ably served as the interviewer, assisted in transcription of the materials, took major responsibility for data entry, and commented upon an earlier draft of this manuscript. Shelley E. Taylor is also acknowledged with appreciation for her thoughtful comments on the draft.
Voluntary Stigmatization and Social Comparison: Single Mothers View Their Lot1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 25, Issue 22, pages 1953–1972, November 1995
How to Cite
Siegel, J. M. (1995), Voluntary Stigmatization and Social Comparison: Single Mothers View Their Lot. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 25: 1953–1972. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1995.tb01826.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!