This research was supported in part by Colby College Social Science Grants 01-2207 and 01-2230 to the second author. The authors are grateful to Victoria Cluck and Linette Kindred at Rutgers University and Colleen Burnham, Dorothy Evertsen, and the student assistant staff at Colby College for their assistance with data collection, and to two anonymous reviewers for their comments on an earlier version of this manuscript. Alexander Rothman is now at the University of Minnesota.
Absolute and Relative Biases in Estimations of Personal Risk1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 26, Issue 14, pages 1213–1236, July 1996
How to Cite
Rothman, A. J., Klein, W. M. and Weinstein, N. D. (1996), Absolute and Relative Biases in Estimations of Personal Risk. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 26: 1213–1236. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1996.tb01778.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!