An earlier version of this article was published in the Best Paper Proceedings of the 1991 Academy of Management meeting in Miami, Florida. I am deeply indebted to James R. Meindl for his invaluable guidance in the design and conduct of this study. I am also grateful to Ray Hunt, Jerry Hunt, Bernie Bass, Maurice Schweitzer, and the three anonymous reviewers for constructive comments on earlier versions of this paper.
Crisis and the Emergence of Charismatic Leadership in Groups: An Experimental Investigation1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 26, Issue 6, pages 543–562, March 1996
How to Cite
Pillai, R. (1996), Crisis and the Emergence of Charismatic Leadership in Groups: An Experimental Investigation. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 26: 543–562. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1996.tb02730.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!