This research and the preparation of this manuscript have been supported by grants from the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Mental Health to Mark Snyder. We thank the Gallup Organization for providing us with data from the January 1993 survey on the issue of homosexuals in the military. The authors would like to thank Steve Asche, Marti Hope Gonzales, Lynne Mobilio, Jennifer Silverman, and Art Stukas for their thoughtful comments on this manuscript. In addition, the authors would like to thank Steve Asche and Steve Gangestad for their generous statistical advice and counsel. Portions of the research reported here were presented at the annual convention of the Midwestern Psychological Association (Chicago, May 1994).
Attitudes Toward “Gays in the Military”: A Functional Perspective1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 27, Issue 4, pages 306–329, February 1997
How to Cite
Wynan, M. and Mark, S. (1997), Attitudes Toward “Gays in the Military”: A Functional Perspective. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 27: 306–329. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1997.tb00634.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!