This article is based on a dissertation submitted by Christine M. Schroeder to Princeton University Graduate School in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the doctoral degree. This research was supported by Grant P-I83A I015-OI/02 from the United States Department of Education's Fund for the Improvement of Post-Secondary Education, Grant MH44069 from the National Institute of Mental Health, and a Grant-In-Aid from the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues. Thanks are extended to Jessica Haile, who assisted in the preparation of materials and in the collection of follow-up data, Diane Cook, Jonathan Folkers, Diane Hood, Jen Kates, Betty Langan, and June Nehrod, who helped to coordinate and conduct the discussion sessions, and especially Susan Packer and Karen Gordon, who helped to plan and implement the entire project. In addition, the research benefited from the helpful comments of Gregory Clark and Barry Jacobs, who served on Christine Schroeder's dissertation committee, and John Darley and Dale Miller who both served on the dissertation committee and provided comments on earlier drafts of this article.
Exposing Pluralistic Ignorance to Reduce Alcohol Use Among College Students1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 28, Issue 23, pages 2150–2180, December 1998
How to Cite
Schroeder, C. M. and Prentice, D. A. (1998), Exposing Pluralistic Ignorance to Reduce Alcohol Use Among College Students. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 28: 2150–2180. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1998.tb01365.x
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!