This is part of an ongoing larger scale project titled “AIDS Prevention Among Minority Adolescents,” funded by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Grant #HD-30638. Preparation for this article was also supported in part by a grant from the National Institute of Drug Abuse (DA-07024). Principal investigator for these projects is Richard I. Evans.
Dispositionai Optimism as a Protective Factor in Resisting HIV Exposure in Sexually Active Inner-City Minority Adolescents1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 28, Issue 23, pages 2196–2211, December 1998
How to Cite
Carvajal, S. C., Garner, R. L. and Evans, R. I. (1998), Dispositionai Optimism as a Protective Factor in Resisting HIV Exposure in Sexually Active Inner-City Minority Adolescents. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 28: 2196–2211. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1998.tb01367.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!