This study was partially funded by the Knox Bequest from the Department of Psychology at Harvard University. I am grateful to J. Richard Hackman, who generously offered help. I thank David Bates, Jonathan Teich, Cynthia Spurr, Jennifer Schmiz, and Debbie Boyle for help in data gathering at the field site. Robert Rosenthal, Marcie Tyre, Richard Walton, Nalini Ambady, Amy Edmondson, Mark Hallahan, and Nancy Katz offered valuable comments on earlier drafts of this paper.
Verbal Strategies for Seeking Help in Organizations1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 29, Issue 7, pages 1472–1496, July 1999
How to Cite
Lee, F. (1999), Verbal Strategies for Seeking Help in Organizations. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 29: 1472–1496. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.1999.tb00148.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!