The authors thank Mauree Popp and Ben Rea for their help in conducting the experiment, and Justin Moore for his help in coding the data. We also thank Scott Allison, Holly Arrow, John Edwards, Bertram Malle, Kathryn Oleson, Carolyn Weisz, and Tim Wilson for their comments on an earlier draft of the paper. Some of the data in this paper were presented in a poster session at the 1996 meeting of the Southeastern Society of Social Psychologists in Norfolk, VA.
Talking About Safe Sex: The Role of Expectations and Experience1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 30, Issue 2, pages 330–349, February 2000
How to Cite
HODGES, S. D., KLAAREN, K. J. and WHEATLEY, T. (2000), Talking About Safe Sex: The Role of Expectations and Experience. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 30: 330–349. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2000.tb02319.x
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!