The authors gratefully acknowledge Hazel Brierley, Erik Evenson, Sarah Gannon, Rhiannon Hitchings, Mariola Krupska, Jennie Pearce, Julie Radford, and Suzie Smith for their assistance in data collection and analysis. The authors are also grateful to the staff and management of Bowie's bar, Leicester; and also the National Westminster Bank, Leicester St. Martins branch, and particularly Brian Lewis, Senior Manager. The authors also gratefully acknowledge the Performing Right Society and Phonographic Performance Ltd. for providing financial support for the second study reported here.
The Effects of Music on Atmosphere in a Bank and a Bar1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 30, Issue 7, pages 1504–1522, July 2000
How to Cite
North, A. C., Hargreaves, D. J. and Mckendrick, J. (2000), The Effects of Music on Atmosphere in a Bank and a Bar. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 30: 1504–1522. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2000.tb02533.x
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!