The first study was based on a portion of the first author's doctoral dissertation at Dartmouth College. The research was partially funded by a grant from an American Psychological Association Dissertation Research Award and by a grant from the Filene Fund. The authors thank Julie McGuire for her assistance in running Experiment 1; Daniela Cimino, Andrea Goldstein, Melissa Hyslop, Michele Pashko, Amy Petcen, and Damen Peterson for serving as research assistants and confederates; and Robert Dipboye and David Lane for their helpful comments on earlier drafts of the manuscript.
Acknowledging One's Stigma in the Interview Setting: Effective Strategy or Liability?1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 32, Issue 2, pages 223–249, February 2002
How to Cite
Hebl, M. R. and Kleck, R. E. (2002), Acknowledging One's Stigma in the Interview Setting: Effective Strategy or Liability?. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 32: 223–249. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2002.tb00214.x
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!