The authors thank Dick Dienstbier for his comments during preparation of this manuscript, as well as Rick Schmidt and John Scheer for allowing data collection during their classes. We also thank the REACH OUT and PERSUNL peer programs for their assistance in delivering these interventions. The first author thanks Pat Tetreault for her mentorship over the years, as well as for her comments on an earlier version of this manuscript. Susan Kiene and William Barta are now at the Department of Psychology at the University of Connecticut. This paper is a product from the first author's honors thesis at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Personal Narrative as a Medium for STD/HIV Intervention: A Preliminary Study1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 33, Issue 11, pages 2327–2340, November 2003
How to Cite
Kiene, S. M. and Barta, W. D. (2003), Personal Narrative as a Medium for STD/HIV Intervention: A Preliminary Study. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 33: 2327–2340. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2003.tb01887.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!