The present research was supported by Grant #I1-52410 from the Swiss National Science Foundation. The authors thank lcek Ajzen, Jörg Doll, Alexander Grob, Carmen Keller, Harald A. Mieg, and two anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments on earlier drafts of this paper. Moreover, we are grateful to the following: Paul Harland and Henk J. Staats at Leiden University, The Netherlands, Center for Energy and Environmental Research for providing us with some new ecological behavior items; Jürg Artho, Evelina Bühler-Ilieva, Jacqueline Frick, and Susanne Stoll for their assistance in collecting, preparing, and entering data; Hannah Scheuthle for double-checking figures; Laura Cohen for her language support; and particularly Hannah Scheuthle and Thomas Ofner for accurately managing the study. Finally, we are especially thankful to the volunteers who completed questionnaires.
The Proposition of a General Version of the Theory of Planned Behavior: Predicting Ecological Behavior1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 33, Issue 3, pages 586–603, March 2003
How to Cite
Kaiser, F. G. and Gutscher, H. (2003), The Proposition of a General Version of the Theory of Planned Behavior: Predicting Ecological Behavior. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 33: 586–603. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2003.tb01914.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!