The authors acknowledge the comments of Eric Heggestad as well as two anonymous reviewers on earlier drafts of this article. Interested parties may contact Steven Elias to obtain a copy of the modified Interpersonal Power Inventory and the photos used in this study.
The Effect of Instructor Gender and Race/Ethnicity on Gaining Compliance in the Classroom1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 34, Issue 5, pages 937–958, May 2004
How to Cite
Elias, S. M. and Loomis, R. J. (2004), The Effect of Instructor Gender and Race/Ethnicity on Gaining Compliance in the Classroom. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 34: 937–958. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2004.tb02578.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!