Preparation of this manuscript and the research described in it was supported by a grant to the first author from the National Science Foundation (BCS-9905397) and a Research Experiences for Undergraduates supplement that supported the efforts of the second author. Preparation of this manuscript also was facilitated by a National Research Council Senior Research Associateship Award that the first author held at the Air Force Research Laboratory, Human Effectiveness Directorate, Brooks Air Force Base. Portions of this research were presented at the 25th International Congress of Applied Psychology in Singapore. An additional description of this study that does not consider the Motivational Trait Questionnaire and the research questions addressed in this manuscript has been submitted for publication (Hinsz, 2001). We appreciate the comments of Sharon Garcia and journal reviewers on earlier drafts of this manuscript. Dustin K. Jundt is now at Michigan State University.
Exploring Individual Differences in a Goal-Setting Situation Using the Motivational Trait Questionnaire1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 35, Issue 3, pages 551–571, March 2005
How to Cite
Hinsz, V. B. and Jundt, D. K. (2005), Exploring Individual Differences in a Goal-Setting Situation Using the Motivational Trait Questionnaire. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 35: 551–571. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2005.tb02135.x
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!