I would like to thank Ronnie Janoff-Bulman for prompting me to account for why people flew the American flag post-9/11, Knowledge Networks for their professional assistance with sampling and data collection, and Chris Bauman and Liz Mullen for their valuable comments on a previous draft of this manuscript. Data collection and preparation of this article were supported by grants from the National Science Foundation, SBR-0210053 and SBR-0111612.
Patriotism or Nationalism? Understanding Post-September 11, 2001, Flag-Display Behavior1
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 35, Issue 10, pages 1995–2011, October 2005
How to Cite
Skitka, L. J. (2005), Patriotism or Nationalism? Understanding Post-September 11, 2001, Flag-Display Behavior. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 35: 1995–2011. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2005.tb02206.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!