This research was supported by Grant #11-52410 from the Swiss National Science Foundation; by Grant #3127 from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology at Zurich; by the Spanish Scientific Research Council; and by the Human-Technology Interaction Group at Eindhoven University of Technology. The authors thank Laura Cohen and Steven Ralston for their language support; the members of the Andalusia Institute of Advanced Social Studies for their advice; as well as Gary Evans, Heinz Gutscher, Gundula Hubner, Ralf Hiitter, Cees Midden, Gideon Keren, Michael Ranney, Wesley Schultz, and Mark Wilson for their comments on earlier drafts of this paper. Any errors are our responsibility.
The Motivational and Instantaneous Behavior Effects of Contexts: Steps Toward a Theory of Goal-Directed Behavior1
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 35, Issue 10, pages 2076–2093, October 2005
How to Cite
Scheuthle, H., Carabias-Hütter, V. and Kaiser, F. G. (2005), The Motivational and Instantaneous Behavior Effects of Contexts: Steps Toward a Theory of Goal-Directed Behavior. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 35: 2076–2093. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2005.tb02210.x
- Issue online: 31 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!