I am grateful for the support of the University of California at Riverside, Southern California Edison, and Riverside Public Utility Company for financing and supporting data collection and access. I also thank Katherine Randazzo for her assistance in sampling and preparing the data for analysis; Martena Wilson for her help in bringing all of the parties together; and Jeffrey Goldberg for his suggestions and comments throughout this project. Finally, I thank Rachel Croson, Robyn Dawes, John Haleblian, David Mayers, Kathleen Montgomery, and Dan Ozer for their helpful comments on earlier versions of the paper.
Utilitarians Are Not Always Fair and the Fair Are Not Always Utilitarian: Distinct Motives for Cooperation1
Version of Record online: 28 AUG 2007
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 37, Issue 9, pages 1931–1955, September 2007
How to Cite
Markóczy, L. (2007), Utilitarians Are Not Always Fair and the Fair Are Not Always Utilitarian: Distinct Motives for Cooperation. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 37: 1931–1955. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2007.00244.x
- Issue online: 28 AUG 2007
- Version of Record online: 28 AUG 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!