Research contained in this report was partially funded by a Clara Mayo Research Grant from the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues. The authors acknowledge Scott Saults for designing the computer program utilized in Experiment 2 to assess aggressive behavior. We also thank Corey Miller, Brent Showalter, and Scott Walker for their help in collecting these data, and Lisa Molix for her help in developing pilot materials. Finally, we thank the anonymous reviewers for their insightful comments on earlier versions of the manuscript.
Evaluations and Aggression Directed at a Gay Male Target: The Role of Threat and Antigay Prejudice1
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2008
© 2008 Copyright the Authors
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 38, Issue 3, pages 647–683, March 2008
How to Cite
Talley, A. E. and Bettencourt, B. A. (2008), Evaluations and Aggression Directed at a Gay Male Target: The Role of Threat and Antigay Prejudice. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 38: 647–683. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2007.00321.x
- Issue published online: 21 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!