The authors thank Philip J. Kraemer for making this project possible, and Roger P. Sugarman and Gary Lindl for their helpful assistance with these data. The authors also thank Monica Harris Kern and Richard H. Smith for their comments on an earlier version of this manuscript, and Olga Dekhtyar and Greg T. Smith for their statistical advice and help with the structural equation model.
Optimism and College Retention: Mediation by Motivation, Performance, and Adjustment1
Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2009
© 2009 Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 39, Issue 8, pages 1887–1912, August 2009
How to Cite
Solberg Nes, L., Evans, D. R. and Segerstrom, S. C. (2009), Optimism and College Retention: Mediation by Motivation, Performance, and Adjustment. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 39: 1887–1912. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2009.00508.x
- Issue online: 28 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!