This manuscript is based on the first author's doctoral dissertation completed under the direction of the second author. We gratefully acknowledge the assistance of dissertation committee members Timothy D. Chandler, Kevin W. Mossholder, Hettie A. Richardson, and Janet L. McDonald. We also appreciate the helpful comments of Julie J. Exline, Douglas J. Brown, D. Lance Ferris, Frederick X. Gibbons, and two anonymous reviewers on earlier versions of the manuscript.
The Perils of Success in the Workplace: Comparison Target Responses to Coworkers' Upward Comparison Threat1
Article first published online: 1 OCT 2009
© 2009 Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 39, Issue 10, pages 2438–2468, October 2009
How to Cite
Henagan, S. C. and Bedeian, A. G. (2009), The Perils of Success in the Workplace: Comparison Target Responses to Coworkers' Upward Comparison Threat. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 39: 2438–2468. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2009.00533.x
- Issue published online: 1 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 1 OCT 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!