The authors thank Michael Devine for his help with data collection; and Ryan Wachholz and Jessica Boland for their help with data coding and entry. The authors also appreciate the help of Bruce Barry, Peter Carnevale, Donald Conlon, Jared Curhan, Abdulaziz Elfessi, and Kristine Ross in reviewing earlier drafts of the manuscript. This research was supported by financial assistance from Multi-Health Systems, Inc., and a grant from the Department of Management at the University of Wisconsin–La Crosse.
Emotional Intelligence and Dispute Mediation in Escalating and De-Escalating Situations
Article first published online: 16 DEC 2010
© 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 40, Issue 12, pages 3059–3105, December 2010
How to Cite
Boland, M. J. and Ross, W. H. (2010), Emotional Intelligence and Dispute Mediation in Escalating and De-Escalating Situations. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 40: 3059–3105. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2010.00692.x
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 16 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!