This study was supported by a predoctoral fellowship from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (F31 HD 043899 03) awarded to the first author and was conducted in partial fulfillment of the first author's Ph.D. requirements. The authors thank Charles M. Judd and Eleanor Hubbard for their invaluable suggestions on an earlier draft of the manuscript. The authors also thank Keira O'Dell and Sean Myers for their assistance in data collection and measurement. Amanda L. Mahaffey is now at the Centre for Psychological Research and Social Intervention (CIS), ISCTE–Lisbon University Institute.
In Search of the Defensive Function of Sexual Prejudice: Exploring Antigay Bias Through Shorter and Longer Lead Startle Eye Blink
Article first published online: 17 JAN 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 27–44, January 2011
How to Cite
Mahaffey, A. L., Bryan, A. D., Ito, T. A. and Hutchison, K. E. (2011), In Search of the Defensive Function of Sexual Prejudice: Exploring Antigay Bias Through Shorter and Longer Lead Startle Eye Blink. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 41: 27–44. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2010.00700.x
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 17 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!