This research was supported by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (N N106 0886 33), Statutory Research Grant (Institute for Social Studies, University of Warsaw) to the second author, and the Foundation for Polish Science FOCUS Grant to the first author. The authors thank Jasia Pietrzak and two anonymous reviewers for their comments on earlier versions of this paper.
Less Biased Under Threat? Self-Verificatory Reactions to Social Identity Threat Among Groups With Negative Self-Stereotypes1
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 41, Issue 9, pages 2249–2267, September 2011
How to Cite
BILEWICZ, M. and KOFTA, M. (2011), Less Biased Under Threat? Self-Verificatory Reactions to Social Identity Threat Among Groups With Negative Self-Stereotypes. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 41: 2249–2267. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2011.00802.x
- Issue published online: 20 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!