This study was conducted at the Georgia State University, Atlanta. This article is based on the Master's thesis of the first author, under the direction of the second author. Preliminary findings of this study were first presented at the 44th annual meeting of the Society for Psychophysiological Research, Santa Fe, NM, October 2004. The authors thank Ursula Hess for her helpful comments on an earlier draft of the paper; Carolyn Kee for her advice as a member of the Master's thesis committee; Lisa Dimantova and Kristin Alexander for their assistance with data collection; and Sean Rossi for assisting with the data-reduction process.
Emotional Reactions While Watching Graphic Medical Procedures: Vocational Differences in the Explicit Regulation of Emotions1
Version of Record online: 16 NOV 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 41, Issue 11, pages 2768–2784, November 2011
How to Cite
VLAHOU, C. H., VANMAN, E. J. and MORRIS, M. M. (2011), Emotional Reactions While Watching Graphic Medical Procedures: Vocational Differences in the Explicit Regulation of Emotions. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 41: 2768–2784. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2011.00839.x
- Issue online: 16 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 16 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!